Councilman Harry Haas
Luzerne County councilman
Thanks for dropping by! Here are my priorities for the new year:
1) Continue to look for streams of revenue apart from property taxation (84% of county revenues come from property tax, which is inherently unfair) and cut wasteful spending.
2) Host legislative round tables for our state and federal delegations to communicate county needs.
3) Equip the Blighted Property Review Committee to assist municipalities in fighting blight.
4) Refinance the remaining variable rate debt by restoring our bond rating.
5) Collaborate with other counties to fight the opiod crisis, spur economic development, and share costs of human services.